Start a new topic

Cannot open KSP. Unsupported Keyshot version.

I cannot open a colleague's KSP file. I get a window saying "Unsupported version. You need a newer version of Keyshot to open... " I tried to open with version 9. 

After seeing the message, I upgraded to 11, and still have the same problem with a slightly different message. "Your Keyshot license does not allow reading the file..." 

My colleague is unreachable at the moment, so I don't know what version they are running. They are a new hire out of school, so they may still using an educational license. 

Thanks for your help. I have to kick off renderings tonight for a presentation tomorrow. 

Would you be able to send me the ksp file so that I can test i for you and see if there are any issues with the file in general? Also, I did have another question for you about the version that your colleague might have used? Do you know if they used a KeyShot HD/Pro version or if they used a KeyShot educational version?

Please send us your scene as a ksp file.
To save a ksp file:
  1. Open your scene.
  2. Go to File > Save Package.
  3. Name your file.
  4. Include Ticket number.
You may send it securely via our WeTransfer

HI Francesco. Thanks for the quick reply. We have a presentation at 12 noon today!

I'll send the KSP via wetransfer. 

It appears she's using an educational version. I just purchased a Pro thinking that would solve the problem, but now she cannot even open her files. 

Can she upgrade her educational version and keep the material she built and save a KSP? 

Thanks

Mardis

Hello Mardisb,

Thank you for contacting Luxion Costa Mesa Support.

Once you send me the file I will try and convert the file for you this once from the Educational version to a Pro so that you can open and work on it. Moving forward I would make sure that the user is aware that the educational version of files isn't able to be opened in any of the commercial versions of KeyShot.

Referencing your Ticket ID#: 69884

You are able to check the status of your ticket by visiting your ticket portal by clicking here.
We would recommend bookmarking the page as you can also see if any responses were sent to you, or notes applied.

I just sent the BIP because the KSP is over a GB.

Great. Thanks. She's a new hire (last couple weeks) and we are still getting her set up. 

I can try and convert the bip file for you, just a heads up on that though. When I open the bip file it may be missing a lot of the information like resources used in the file but if you send me the ksp file it will have that information along with all the resources applied to it. Let me know what you would like to do? The link for WeTransfer should allow you to send me files up to 2gbs in size.

I just sent the KSP. 

Login to post a comment