1. Exact KeyShot Version (9.3 Pro).
2. Your CAD application's name and version Solidworks Professional 2021 SP2.0
3. A detailed description of the desired functionality and/or instructions on how to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.
Open Keyshot, open .bip file, import, select SLDASM file, error pops up
3. Screenshot or images of the desired output or of the issue that you are experiencing. attached
- files that have not yet been opened in SW2021 can be imported fine. Regardless of SW year, the plug-in still doesn't work 100% by allowing for a file to be imported into an existing scene.
Same issue here.
The suggested solution makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Could this mean that in the future, we will need to upgrade KS every time SW is upgraded. SW is promoting their own Visualize render software, and I do not want to believe that this could be a deliberate strategy to persuade KS users to make the move. Although Luxion is not to blame here, if you can/will not secure compatibility (also through upgrades of "older" versions) with SW then many will reconsider using KS for sake of consistency and cost. Hope I am wrong and everything is solved with a patch.
Best Regards, Robbert
I know exactly what you mean. While we do try to keep our more current versions compatible with the latest releases of other CAD programs, it is a very difficult line to walk.
We are currently working on a subscription platform that will help with issues like this, allowing users to update to the latest release as part of the package instead of the one-time purchase.
We hope to have more news regarding subscriptions in the near future.
Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards,
Customer Support Specialist