Start a new topic

GPU vs CPU; Unstable issues

I'm using the latest version of Keyshot, and running a mobile workstation with 8 cores + RTX 2060

I have a relatively simple scene (1 object, 1 physical light, 3 materials including realcloth fabric). GPU mode is great, however it doesn't look as good as CPU mode; GPU doesn't show rounded edges and materials appear more flat. When I switch it CPU it works for a few seconds then crashes without notice.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for contacting Luxion.
We are aware of a current issue involving crashing when switching from GPU to CPU.
We have filed this with our Development team and we are looking to have this resolved for the next update to 10.2

I am going to send you a link to 10.0.198 which is the previous update to the most current the issue you are having should not be in this release.  I would suggest moving to this version until the update is released.

Please keep a look out for the Wetransfer link that has the full installer

How to perform a fresh install:

1. Uninstall KeyShot
  2. Make sure to delete the KeyShot  resources folder
    • note: move it to the desktop if you wish to back up your resources
    • Windows Default:
      • C:\Users\UserName\Documents\KeyShot or
      • C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot
      • Delete C:\ProgramData\Luxion\KeyShot folder
      • Delete C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Luxion\KeyShot folder
    • Mac Default:
      • /Library/Application Support/KeyShot
  3. Download and Re-install KeyShot
    For this step, you’ll need the full installer(not the update installer).
  4. Go through the registration wizard, enter your license information, and KeyShot should be up and running.

Referencing your Ticket ID#:30797

Thanks,

Justin Adams
Support manager
Luxion Inc
15143 Woodlawn Ave
Tustin, CA 92780
http://www.keyshot.com

Thank you Justin.

Does this version include the new collision/settle feature? I've become rather dependent on it since release and may rather keep using GPU mode until 10.2 is release.

Sadly it does not, If the crashing becomes an issue for your work flow I would recommend moving down to it.

If the collision is vital it is your call if you would like to stay on 10.1 

Login or Signup to post a comment