Start a new topic
Answered

Naming formula for animation frames

Is there anyway to edit the naming formula for animation frames when rendering layers/passes in Keyshot 8?

eg. I render an animation with the "frames output" enabled as well as "Render Layers" and some "Render Passes" enabled (shadow,ambient occlusion, clown pass etc.)

The frames out put as follows: (Name.%03d.png to get 3 digits if anyone wants to know)

Name.001_oa.exr

Name.001_clown.png

Name.001_layer of choice.png

etc.

Before I am able to  import as a sequence into Adobe Premiere. I have to use a 3rd party re-namer to change the name of the frames. This takes up a lot of time, especially when renaming multiple animations.

The format adobe Premiere likes is, Name.001  (3 digits)

So I have to go in and rename my layers as follows:

Name_oa.001.exr

Name_clown.001.png

Name_layer.001.png

Is there anyway to customize the way KeyShot 8 outputs the layers and passes so it follows the above naming system?

Best Answer
Hello Kayleigh,

Thank you for contacting Luxion.
In order to manually adjust the name of the file you will have to navigate to render output and under frame or video output you can manually set the name of the frame output by changing the system output to custom.  Once this is set to custom you have a variety of options for naming the output.  (see image)

Let me know if this helps.

Referencing your Ticket ID#:11219

Thanks,

Justin Adams
Support manager
Luxion Inc
15143 Woodlawn Ave
Tustin, CA 92780
Phone: (949) 274-8871
Fax: (949) 266-9523
http://www.keyshot.com

Capture.PNG
(238 KB)
1 Comment

Answer
Hello Kayleigh,

Thank you for contacting Luxion.
In order to manually adjust the name of the file you will have to navigate to render output and under frame or video output you can manually set the name of the frame output by changing the system output to custom.  Once this is set to custom you have a variety of options for naming the output.  (see image)

Let me know if this helps.

Referencing your Ticket ID#:11219

Thanks,

Justin Adams
Support manager
Luxion Inc
15143 Woodlawn Ave
Tustin, CA 92780
Phone: (949) 274-8871
Fax: (949) 266-9523
http://www.keyshot.com

Capture.PNG