Hi Keyshot community,
I have recently purchased Keyshot 9 Pro to create animations for work. I'm working on an animation that requires a lot of camera movement and changes of perspective and as such there are multiple parts in the video where the camera target has to be changed to allow the camera to pivot around different parts of the model. It does not appear to be possible to change the camera target of a particular camera during the course of an animation, so the only way to do this seems to be creating a camera switch event.
The problem I'm encountering is that the animation does not seem to register the camera change. Instead of transitioning from one camera to the other, the output of the animation shows only the perspective of the first camera. Not only that but the camera orbit that I have applied to camera 2 seems to be carried out instead by camera 1, making the camera orbit around the wrong pivot and landing it way off in the middle of nowhere where I don't want it. When I select camera 2 in the project window, the animation shows the perspective of camera 2 orbiting around the right pivot, however I can't seem to achieve the desired transition from the translations of camera 1 to the orbit of camera 2. Hope this makes sense, if that's confusing here's a simple breakdown of what I'm trying to achieve vs what is happening in the animation:
What I want:
1. Camera 1 carries out numerous orbits, panoramas etc around a selected camera target
2. Camera 1 carries out a series of translations showing different parts of the model
3. Camera 1 switches to camera 2
4. Camera 2 orbits around its own camera target before carrying out a series of translations
What I'm getting:
1. Camera 1 carries out all of it's orbits, translations etc
2. Camera 1 fails to switch to camera 2
3. Camera 1 carries out orbiting function applied to camera 2 around camera 1 camera target that is no longer relevant at this stage in the animation
Hope someone can help me solve this! Very frustrating issue.