Start a new topic
Answered

Set exact degrees on isometric perspective

Dear all,

I'm working with isometric perspective. I need to give an object an exact position in degrees so that I can obtain a perfect isometric position, but I'm not able to get the right view. When choosing isometric view on the object, the program takes as a reference the front left corner and I need the reference to be the front right corner. How can I change this? I tried to enter the 120º needed on the x,y,z position cells, but it doesn't work either.

After trying with all the options I could find, I only  could get the image I need by applying a manual (and therefore not exact) positioning over the isometric grid.

I'm not an expert user of Keyshot, so please advice on steps to follow. Thanks!

Best Answer

Marina,

On the Camera tab select Isometric from the Standard Views drop down. This will set the camera inclination to 35.256 degrees. (CAD manuals state that this angle is 35 degrees 16 minutes.) Then change the Azimuth angle to 135 or -135 degrees depending on which way you want the front to face.

Note in the attached image how -135 degrees will align the Coordinate Legend.

Hope this is helpful.

Harold

1 Comment

Answer

Marina,

On the Camera tab select Isometric from the Standard Views drop down. This will set the camera inclination to 35.256 degrees. (CAD manuals state that this angle is 35 degrees 16 minutes.) Then change the Azimuth angle to 135 or -135 degrees depending on which way you want the front to face.

Note in the attached image how -135 degrees will align the Coordinate Legend.

Hope this is helpful.

Harold

Login or Signup to post a comment