Start a new topic
Answered

Sharing KeyShot files across multiple designers for consistent visuals.

Hi All,

We're looking for best practices to share KeyShot info across multiple users to achieve a consistent presentation experience with content from different designers. We use Creo to generate our 3D files, and live linking to revise models. We've struggled with combining all designs in one Creo assembly and task one user with all renderings... bad idea. What do you do?

Best Answer

Not sure about the CAD side of things, but I deal with the rendering side. On that side, we ended up putting our KS assets folder on a network and everyone pointing KS to that network folder in the preferences "Folders" Tab. Then we curate a folder of approved materials that can be used (and tweaked slightly if needed) for all our products. This prevents everyone from having their own version of colors and materials that don't match others. 

The other solution is to always use "Save as Package" when transferring files. I've found that even if our 2 artists are all using the same materials and colors, things can change. 

1 Comment

Answer

Not sure about the CAD side of things, but I deal with the rendering side. On that side, we ended up putting our KS assets folder on a network and everyone pointing KS to that network folder in the preferences "Folders" Tab. Then we curate a folder of approved materials that can be used (and tweaked slightly if needed) for all our products. This prevents everyone from having their own version of colors and materials that don't match others. 

The other solution is to always use "Save as Package" when transferring files. I've found that even if our 2 artists are all using the same materials and colors, things can change. 

Login or Signup to post a comment