Start a new topic
Answered

Critical Bug by 3dsMax plugin

Hi, I'm using keyshot plugin for 3dsmax.

The camera has gone somewhere when reopen project and send update by 3dsmax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_ZceBsl5c&feature=youtu.be

Environment

GPU:GTX1060

CPU:i7 9900k

Keyshot9.1 pro

bip
(40.8 KB)
bip

Best Answer

Hi Patisa,

You can still close KeyShot to work on the project another day. Just be sure to save the project in both KeyShot and your CAD program. First open the CAD program and import the scene to KeyShot to begin working again.

Unfortunately an update is not available at the moment. It is an issue with the plugin that we are working on now. We will have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. When it has been corrected, we will let all of our customers know through the patched versions release notes.

Hello Patisa,

Does this happen only after closing and reopening KeyShot?

For curiosity's sake, have you updated to the latest release and are you still experiencing this issue?

Please send details of this issue to support@luxion.com. Our staff will work with you to investigate and solve this issue.

Hi Erik.

yes, it happen only after restarting keyshot.

Also, I updated latest release. but it happen still.

ok, I'll send the detail to support mail.

Thanks Patisa,
I think I see the issue.
When you close KeyShot, you break the LiveLink and the scenes are no longer connected. So when you open KeyShot again, it is like a brand-new scene. So the camera has lost its orientation and the 'up' direction has no frame of reference.
Keeping  KeyShot open while updating your work will get around this issue.

Thanks Erik.

yes, I knew about this solution...

So, I keep Keyshot running while I'm working.

However, it may be hard to keep it running as it may reboot the machine or work on the project another day.

So, Could you fix it with an update?

Thank you.

Answer

Hi Patisa,

You can still close KeyShot to work on the project another day. Just be sure to save the project in both KeyShot and your CAD program. First open the CAD program and import the scene to KeyShot to begin working again.

Unfortunately an update is not available at the moment. It is an issue with the plugin that we are working on now. We will have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. When it has been corrected, we will let all of our customers know through the patched versions release notes.

1 person likes this

Hi Erik,

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment