Start a new topic

submit job to network - render wrong

Keyshot now lets you touch keyshot too early. If you submit a render, but click a different studio before it's finished rendering, it will submit the wrong render. 

In my case I had it on the Front_Red studio. The file name was MyPrefix.Front_Red.144.jpg. But the Image was actually Hero_Black studio because I was in a rush to submit that studio. 

Keyshot shouldn't let you change anything until it's 100% finished packing up the network package. Had I only changed the camera slightly or something, I wouldn't have noticed. 

Hello Andy,

I am currently running some tests on this and I can give you some feedback as soon as  I get some results.

Thanks for your patience on this.

Justin

FYI the file I noticed this with was 1GB. I had imported another LARGE file and Thought that it only imports the active model set. I was wrong. It imported the entire file, so my 200MB file got big Real fast.

So it might not be all that noticeable on small files. Make a file nice and giant and it's much easier to get it to do this. My coworker said it has happened to him also. I just thought it was especially odd that it change what I was rendering, but not the name. 

Thank you for that, We have some pretty heavy files so ill make sure to use those.

Thanks again,

Justin

Login or Signup to post a comment